Have you ever wondered about the secrets to defining a meaningful and robust taxonomy?
Do you know best practices for testing a hierarchy and vetting labels?
In this inter-active presentation, you can expect to come away with answers to these and other burning questions:
- What is the difference between controlled vocabulary, taxonomy, and ontology?
- What do taxonomies enable?
- How do corporate stakeholders play a role in a technical product documentation taxonomy?
- Should you create an “Other” category?
- How to determine when your taxonomy is complete?
- How long does it take?
- What do you do about future changes?
What can attendees expect to learn?
In this presentation, I’ll explain the process of creating, testing and maintaining a taxonomy. You’ll learn how you can actually use hierarchies to improve the experience of content to your users.
Meet the Presenter
Sabine Ocker has 20 plus years’ experience helping companies solve their interesting business problems. Solutions have included DITA migrations, content conversions, new tools or CMS, information modeling, content strategy, multi-channel publishing, and taxonomy development.
Countdown to Best Practices 2020